Assistant Engineering Manager26 January 2016
Metroline is one of London’s leading bus operators with a fleet of over 1700 buses operating from a number of locations in West and North West London.
The Assistant Engineering Manager will manage the day to day engineering resources within the garage under their control to ensure the provision of sufficient vehicles at the required standard of serviceability, reliability and presentation to meet operational requirements in full. To achieve this in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner measured by the achievement of all applicable engineering KPIs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible to his/her Engineering Manager (EM) for ensuring that sufficient serviceable vehicles are available at all times to meet operational requirements;
- Organise, allocate, control and monitor engineering and logistics activity at his/her garage(s) making use of company management systems such as FMS where appropriate. This management responsibility covers the full 24 hour operational day to optimise staff costs, utilisation and performance, and ensure the highest possible standards of maintenance, repair & reliability are achieved in keeping with the company’s undertakings to VOSA and TfL;
- Exercise close financial control and ensure garage engineering outputs are achieved within Budget;
- Responsible for initial investigation of technical problems at local level, involving the Metroline Technical Dept and external Suppliers as appropriate. Where such issues have wider implications for other Garages or the Metroline fleet, the AEM is always required to notify the Technical Dept;
The list above is not exhaustive.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- NVQ3 or equivalent in relevant trade discipline;
- NVQ2 in management or ability to work towards it;
- Understanding of O Licence requirements, working towards International CPC qualification;
- Experience of mandatory, legal paperwork associated with bus operations in the London environment..
You will work 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday with flexibility required to work over and above these hours and weekends if deemed necessary. We offer a competitive salary and free (non contractual) travel on London buses and tubes.
For more information on the role please visit www.metroline.co.uk/careers
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Samantha Smith, HR Advisor, Metroline, ComfortDelGro House, 329 Edgware Road, Cricklewood, London NW2 6JP or email@example.com
Applications should include the reasons you are applying for the post, examples of how you meet the skills and any relevant qualifications or experience.
This material is protected by MA Business copyright
See Terms and Conditions.
One-off usage is permitted but bulk copying is not.
For multiple copies
contact the sales team.