The Assistant Technical Manager will support the Technical Manager and Engineering Department and seek resolutions to technical issues or projects that arise. They will liaise with garage engineering staff and outside agencies to ensure that the needs of the Company are met.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Technical manager to ensure that Metroline Engineering meets the requirements of the Company Operator Licence;
- Control of diagnostic equipment and software including licences;
- FMS Training and development;
- Planning and managing upgrades to the Company FMS system;
- Managing engineering projects on behalf of the Engineering Director;
- Assisting the Quality Department in maintaining a robust quality audit system;
- Liaising with Garage Managers/Engineering Managers on engineering and technical problems;
- Liaising with the Technical Department and vehicle suppliers on fleet and design issues;
- Identifying and advising on training requirements for engineering staff;
- Attending Engineering Managers meetings;
- Covering for the Technical Manager in times of holidays and absence.
The list above is not exhaustive.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Technical competence;
- Demonstrable ability to read and interpret technical drawings and wiring diagrams;
Demonstrable knowledge of IT packages including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Fleet Management Systems.
You will work 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday with flexibility required to work over and above these hours and weekends if deemed necessary. We offer a competitive salary and free (non contractual) travel on London buses and tubes.
For more information on the role please visit www.metroline.co.uk/careers
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Samantha Smith, HR Advisor, Metroline, ComfortDelGro House, 329 Edgware Road, Cricklewood, London NW2 6JP or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include the reasons you are applying for the post, examples of how you meet the skills and any relevant qualifications or experience.