Exciting Opportunities in Engineering Management Arriva North East and Yorkshire - Join us on our journey23 June 2017
Arriva, part of the Deutsche Bahn group, is one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing some 60,000 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries every year. We operate an extensive range of services including buses, trains, health and social transport services, airport related transport services, commuter coaches and water buses. We also engage in bus and coach distribution.
Arriva North East employs some 1500 staff and operates a fleet of 480 buses from 7 operating depots in Northumberland, Tyneside, County Durham, Teesside and North Yorkshire. As part of our succession planning, we are seeking to recruit an Engineering Manager for our Darlington depot.
This is a challenging and demanding role and the successful candidate will need to be highly motivated with excellent inter-personal skills.
The key duties of this position will be:
Exciting Opportunities in
Arriva North East and Yorkshire
Join us on our journey
- Deliver and exceed high standards of customer service
- Work in partnership with Depot Managers to create a successful business unit
- Manage and motivating a team of technical staff
- • Ensure that Company standards are adhered to and improvements identified in all aspects of the engineering facility including vehicle safety maintenance, inspection, plant and equipment, stores, health and safety, work quality, vehicle cleanliness and environmental responsibilities
- Ensure the programming/preparation of vehicles to the Company’s high standard for annual MOT test
- Ensure all engineering KPIs/financial budgets are delivered
- Programming and overseeing preventative maintenance
- Ensure that all vehicle records should be maintained to Department of Transport and Arriva Standards
- Compliance and adherence to Group and Company standards with regards to Health and Safety and quality engineering systems.
In return we offer a competitive salary, contributory pension scheme and concessionary travel.
If you are interested in applying for this role then please forward your CV to Carly Watkins, HR Manager, 1 Admiral Way Doxford International Business Park, Sunderland, SR3 3XP or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications:
Friday 21st July 2017
Arriva is committed to diversity,
if you’re good, you’re welcome!
Arriva North East Ltd
Arriva North East Ltd
This material is protected by MA Business copyright
See Terms and Conditions.
One-off usage is permitted but bulk copying is not.
For multiple copies
contact the sales team.