This demanding but highly rewarding role is accountable for all aspects of engineering performance in the operating company.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate excellent people skills to lead & motive teams across several sites in South Wales whist building a customer-centric culture but importantly ensure statutory, legal and regulatory compliance.
Working alongside the operational teams, the Fleet Engineer will champion the continued development of disciplined operations to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent delivery of the customer experience.
About the role
The Fleet Engineer will support the introduction of engineering projects in the business under the guidance of the Managing Director and with input from the UK Bus Central Engineering Team. The first of which will be ‘WRENCH', an engineering efficiencies project, including the assessment and training of engineering and operating staff at all levels to achieve a full delivery of the objectives of the project. Further projects will be included in the future.
The successful applicant will work with the Managing Director to meet our safety goals, meet cash generation, growth and return on capital targets by ensuring safe, punctual, reliable and cost-effective maintenance and repair of fleet by ensuring that engineering standards and compliance are maintained throughout the business.
To facilitate the provision of additional training required for all engineering staff either by personal intervention or obtaining central UK Bus or external programmes.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver (in conjunction with the Managing Director and Central UK Bus Engineering) agreed projects and plans within defined budgets, including agreed level of assessments and training
- Identify, validate and implement new opportunities for improved performance in safety, efficiency, and profitability, and working with central teams to share these improvements
- Ensure that the engineering team operates in accordance with FirstGroup policies, standard operating procedures and all relevant legislation
- Carry out checks and audits to maintain UK Bus SOPs at all depots and ensure all workshop staff, managers and supervisors have been trained accordingly
- Manage the Safety, Health and Environment Manager to ensure a strong safety management culture
- Maintain Trade Union relationships as appropriate
- Liaise with VOSA as required
- Liaise with the Managing Director and Local Management in all aspects of engineering training and project requirements
This is a permanent position and the working hours are 38 per week.
In return for your hard work and after completion of your probation period, you'll enjoy the following benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success – Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension – You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance – For all members of our pension scheme.
For further details and to apply: Click here: FIRST GROUP CAREERS
Closing date 22nd June 2018