As one of our professional, analytical and collaborative Fleet Engineers you’ll have ample opportunity to impress as you oversee and improve our business portfolio’s national vehicle fleet, ensuring company policies and procedures are robustly applied and consistently maintained. We’re currently looking to fill positions based in both Sutton and Manchester.
G4S Cash Solutions is the UK’s leading provider of integrated cash handling services, transporting, storing and processing cash for a wide range of customers. To meet the challenges ahead, it’s essential that we’re supported by people who share our values – including our commitment to embedding effective risk management controls and delivering the right solutions through our expertise. That’s where you come in.
In this highly responsible role you will work closely with various internal and external customers and stakeholders in both a technical and administrative capacity. You will promote best practice, analysing and eradicating vehicle failures as you shrewdly establish causes and identify trends. You will ensure business units are fully supported, assist in quality control, schedule PAT testing and build a close working relationship with suppliers and providers.
Reporting to the Fleet Services Director, you will also:
- Produce a monthly fleet report to be shared with leadership teams.
- Provide operational assistance to mobile technicians where required.
- Manage related IT assets.
- Conduct regular audit checks on branches and customer premises to maintain standards.
- Undertake and support fleet-based projects.
To succeed as Fleet Engineer you must have:
- C&G / NVQ Level II in engineering as a minimum, ideally CPC national.
- Membership of a relevant professional organisation, such as SOE.
- Strong financial and commercial acumen.
- Knowledge of operator licensing and the pre-requisite legislation, familiarity with all types of electrical and mechanical vehicles, and competence in all diagnostic equipment.
- IT literacy in all aspects of Microsoft Office, preferably ECDL accredited.
- Project management experience is desirable, as is knowledge of internal security systems.
The ability to work flexibly is additionally required and the postholder must be prepared to travel UK-wide, including overnight stays. Meanwhile, a strong sense of personal integrity is also essential, along with a willingness to uphold and champion company values.
In addition to competitive pay, G4S offer sales commissions, a company car, up to five weeks’ paid holiday, a pension scheme, life assurance and a childcare voucher scheme. We also believe in promoting our best people from within the business.
Closing date: 23 February 2016
To apply please visit our website.