HOYER is the market leader in the distribution of petroleum products across 11 European countries, including the United Kingdom. Our focus is on safety and quality, and we pride ourselves in delivering a world class service. Our ability to achieve high standards and an outstanding performance is totally dependent on our people, at every level in our organisation.
Summary of the role
The successful candidate will be part of a very busy Fleet Support Services department, whose role will be to adjudicate and authorise repair activity for vehicles and tanker trailers including scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. Candidate’s need to be technically qualified and able to utilise their knowledge and expertise when reviewing repair activity to ensure work that is carried out is proportionate with the defects reported, symptoms identified and in-line with cost expectations.
The candidate will need to have a proven track record of working in both commercial vehicle workshops and busy office environments, have the ability to multi-task, work with limited supervision, and be able to communicate effectively with both internal Contract customers and external workshops.
Hours of work: 8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week).
Salary Range: £30,000 - £32,000 per annum.
Essential: The successful individual will -
• Be qualified to City and Guilds or equivalent NVQ level 3.
• Have a minimum of at least 10 years workshop experience (Inclusive of a recognised apprenticeship.)
• Have achieved a GCSE (or equivalent) Grade C or above in Maths and English.
• Have transport industry qualifications or memberships (IRTE).
• Live within a commutable distance away (45 minutes).
• Be a team player who is able to work to individual and shared deadlines.
• Be proficient in IT, particularly Microsoft Office - Outlook and Excel.
• Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Have a confident and friendly telephone manner and be able to liaise with people at all levels including workshop management and supervisors.
• Have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Desirable: The successful individual will:
• Have ADR Class 2,3 and 9.
• Have technical knowledge of Petroleum and Bitumen tanks.
• Be CPC qualified.
• Familiar with Jaama Key2 Fleet Management System (training will be provided).
• Have experience of working in the transport industry.
• Have experience of working in a fast-paced customer service/call center environment.
• Educated to A-Level (or equivalent) standard.
• Have access to your own transport.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and qualifications for this role, please apply now at http://jobs.hoyer.uk.com/