You will become integral to a company offering many benefits and a supportive working environment, which is committed to investing in the latest technologies and working methods to improve service to customers.
We know that our people are at the heart of this success and strive to create a working environment that everyone can be proud of.
Our Transport teams ensure that the Western Power Distribution fleet operation is on the road 24/7, 365 days a year. That means taking responsibility for safety, ensuring legal compliance and delivering it all cost-effectively.
In this role you will be helping to ensure that the vehicle fleet is operating in the most cost effective and efficient manner possible through helping to keep vehicle downtime to a minimum. Your responsibilities will include:-
* day to day management of own workload including liaising with customers
* routine maintenance of all vehicles, including heavy goods
* repairing and maintaining plant trailers and ancillary equipment
* arranging repairs and maintenance with contracted suppliers
* preparing and presenting vehicles for annual testing
* road testing and diagnosing vehicle faults
The Ideal Candidate
You should have the ability to work well by yourself and within a team environment, possess appropriate City & Guilds or NVQ Motor Vehicle certificate and have at least 2 years’ experience as a fully trained mechanic. You should also possess a valid LGV (Class C minimum) driving licence. Good numeracy and literacy skills are essential.
To apply please click on the following link https://careers.westernpower.co.uk/category/operational-roles/transport/vehicle-mechanic-job-midsomer-norton-wpower-tp-12-87