Times are changing for fleet engineers and transport professionals - the once-unassailable position of the diesel engine is being eroded; low-emission zones and carbon cuts are promoting alternative fuels; the pool of support skills is diminishing.
On the other hand, new vehicles’ sophisticated electronic control systems make them ever more efficient – and expensive. And that makes the engineering of HGVs and PSVs more challenging.
Into this complex environment comes the IRTE Conference, taking place on Thursday 27th September at the Leicester Marriott Hotel, which will address the challenges and potential opportunities that these circumstances create. Highlights include:
- ‘Delivering an environmentally-friendly delivery fleet’ UPS
- ‘Predictive maintenance seminar’ Scania
- ‘Rehabilitating the image of lean-burn gas engines’ Ricardo
- ‘Earned Recognition panel discussion’ Wincanton, Lucketts Travel, r2c Online, FTA
- ‘Experiences as the new Traffic Commissioner of Wales’ Nick Jones, Welsh Traffic Commissioner
- ‘Racing trucks in the desert’ Team Petronas De Rooy IVECO
This well-attended and highly-respected annual conference, open to both IRTE members and non-members, is your chance to explore the technical aspects of fleet engineering, discuss new technologies, ensure compliant fleet operations, and network with colleagues.
We are also offering delegates an all-inclusive package featuring the conference, the networking dinner on the evening of 26th September, entertainment from cricket broadcaster Henry Blofeld OBE, and an overnight stay at the Leicester Marriott Hotel.
For the conference agenda and booking rates, visit www.irte-conference.co.uk
(Early bird discount ends Friday 10th August)