Transport Engineer – Eastern England (Reference number 43835)19 December 2018
£41,909 - £53,076 (depending on experience) – plus excellent benefits package and bonus
UK Power Networks is Britain’s largest power network, responsible for delivering electricity to 8.3 million homes and businesses in London, the South East and the East of England.
We are a distribution company which operates and maintains the networks that deliver power, using 187,000 kilometres of underground cables and overhead lines, and more than 130,000 substations. We serve an area of 29,250 square kilometres, from The Wash in the East to the River Arun on the South Coast.
This is a great opportunity to join our dynamic transport team that is responsible for providing commercial vehicles, cars and plant equipment at UK Power Networks. We maintain in a roadworthy condition at all times a fleet of more than 4,000 vehicles for 3,000 drivers, ensuring full availability and reliability to perform the work.
In this role you will:
- develop and maintain strong customer relationships internally and externally, providing fleet utilisation, vehicle, operational, technical and legal advice, become the go-to person for local area transport issues
- develop local repair networks, monitor performance and ensure compliance to KPIs.
- assist development of new vehicle specifications providing engineering expertise in conjunction with appropriate user groups and business representatives
- ensure fit for purpose and legally compliant vehicles, co-ordinate local vehicle replacement programmes.
The ideal candidate will possess:
If you are interested in this career opportunity please apply via our on line recruitment portal – https://careers.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/job/Home-Bas... - where you will be able to submit your CV and Covering Letter – the closing date for applications is 21st January 2019
- Strong communication and IT skills and be highly organised in a busy pressurised environment.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills and inherently strong team working ethic
- A full technical qualification in motor vehicle studies or equivalent experience in the motor industry - Full Driving Licence (experience in 4X4 and HGV would be desirable)
- CPC by either examination or other accepted qualification
- Experience in vehicle and plant specifications, to include knowledge of axle weights, loading and Centre of Gravities.
- Knowledge of current transport legislations and C&U Regulations
UK Power Networks Ltd
Uk Power Networks Ltd
This material is protected by MA Business copyright
See Terms and Conditions.
One-off usage is permitted but bulk copying is not.
For multiple copies
contact the sales team.